A YM High School Camp
June 6 - 8, 2019
YM high school camp is back this June with FIRESTORM. A brand new name, brand new theme and twice the excitement. FIRESTORM signifies intensity, strength and boldness, and this is what you can expect from camp this year.
FIRESTORM will be will be a weekend like no other, a weekend without distractions, a weekend with cool mountain air breezing past your sun screened face whilst you’re splashing around with all your friends + making new ones and having the greatest time of your life creating memories that will last a lifetime! Be the spark, gather your friends and sign up in teams of 5 (with 2 new friends) now!
*For non-Muslims only.
13- 17 years old in 2019
Sign up in teams of 5 with at least 2 New Friends.
Thursday, June 6th to
Saturday, June 8th 2019
RM120 for YM Members
RM60 for New Friends
3 days, 2 nights at Peacehaven, Genting Highlands.
All transportation to the campsite, meals, bed linens, warm blankets, games and prizes!
1. What is YM?
We are a community of vibrant and dynamic young people who are passionate about God and are excited to share His love to all youths, using our God-given talents. Passionate in doing life together, we believe that relationship and discipleship are two of the most important aspects in our Christian walk.
2. Where is the Peacehaven campsite located?
Peacehaven is located at the chilly Genting Highlands, just a stone throw away from the peak. Therefore, you will have a magnificent panoramic view of the highlands!
4. What time should I arrive at FGA KL on June 6, 2018?
Registration will start at 7:00AM on June 6, 2018. Please arrive early as the buses will leave on time. You won't want to miss your bus! Arriving early will also help you to secure your prefered workshop.
3. Where will we gather before going up to Peacehaven?
We will be gathering at FGA KL at the main sanctuary. Do look out for our friendly ushers to guide your way! Attendance registrations counters will be located there.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/jTKKKUfCiCW7F2QL7
5. How are we going up to Peacehaven?
There will be a fleet of tour buses taking us up to Peacehaven.
6. What is the estimated time of arrival back to FGA KL on 8th June?
Approximately 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
7. What is the age range of leaders/guardians at camp?
There will be leaders aged 18 and above as well as adults at camp to ensure the campers' safety.
8. For parents: What if my child has a medical condition, allergies or special needs?
Please contact the 'Emergency Contact' below for us to cater to your child's needs accordingly.
9. Emergency Contacts
CHAN KALVIN: 017-200 8086
HO SEK TENG: 012-913 2615
IRIS LEONG: 011-3793 0604
10. What do I need to bring?
- Enough clothing and undergarments for yourself (3 days 2 nights)
- Dark colored clothing & sports attire (not-too-short pants) for games sessions
- Proper footwear: shoes, slippers
- Enough toiletries for 3D2N
- Water bottle
- Remember to bring a few extra sets of clothing as you will get wet and dirty during the games!
- Bring a jacket as it will be cold at night
- You may bring your own supper: cup noodles, Milo, coffee, biscuits, etc.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks/junk food
- Bring a notebook and stationeries as you might want to take notes during the exciting workshops and sessions!
- Girls, don't forget your sanitary napkins
- Please bring your own medication, if needed
11. What not to bring?
- Hair curlers, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, vape, e-cigarettes, and gaming consoles are strictly prohibited in camp
- No dangerous/sharp objects (penknives, baton, etc.)
- No electrical appliances (laptops, gaming consoles, Nintendo Switch, etc.)
- Do not bring a large amount of money
- Do not bring your valuables (jewellery, earrings, necklace, etc.)
- Please listen to the pastors, camp committee and YM leaders at all times for your safety and well-being
- Any serious discipline issues will result in campers being sent home
- Please be ON TIME for all activities and sessions
- Participation in all activities are expected of each camper
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY
- NO shorts, revealing clothing for sessions. We want to respect the sessions and the speakers
- Sports attire for all games sessions
- DARK COLOURED CLOTHING DURING GAMES SESSIONS (There's water games)
- Name tags must be worn at all times in camp for identification purposes
- All lanyards must be returned after camp
- No pairing off
- No entering dorms/rooms of the opposite gender
- Changing of dorm/room is not allowed
- Stage is strictly off limits
- Peacehaven's bungalow is a restricted area
- No littering
- No plucking any flowers/plants in Peacehaven
- No revealing and tight clothing in camp
- Sabotaging is NOT allowed
- No playing with phones during sessions
Registration is closed.
For further infomation, kindly contact the below.