VALUES & CULTURE
1 SEPT 2019
"It pleased Darius to appoint 120 satraps to rule throughout the kingdom, with three administrators over them, one of whom was Daniel. The satraps were made accountable to them so that the king might not suffer loss. Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. At this, the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent. Finally these men said, “We will never find any basis for charges against this man Daniel unless it has something to do with the law of his God.” -Daniel 6:1-5 (NIV)
Excellence In Our Spirit
- The first thing we can be excellent in is our spirit
- When Daniel pursued Excellence in his spirit, people saw God's favour on him
Excellence In Our Standards
- Daniel lived a life of Godly standards
- What do our standards measure against?
- We should pursue excellence due to God's love for us.
Excellence In Our Story
- God is writing a story for us
- In Genesis, God created us with excellence, for excellence.
Let's pursue excellence through giving God our best.