Pr Andrew Yeo
8 SEPT 2019
“Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:31-33 (NIV)
Peace is not pretending that everything is going to be okay when it is not
- True peace comes from acknowledging the reality of things.
Ignoring reality doesn't change reality
- True worship is choosing to worship God even if we don't feel like it
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 5:1
Peace is knowing everything may not be okay and standing confidently anyway knowing that God is with us in every way
- Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
- Peace is not a feeling, not the church, the music, or what we do; Peace is Jesus Himself.